To lead and supervise operations processes, ensuring the efficient and effective execution of all vessel operations in strict adherence to guidelines set by our Principal Carriers. Dedicated to meeting documentation requirements mandated by authorities, principals, and customers, with a commitment to maintaining the highest standards of operational excellence and compliance.
- Supervising the documentation and customer service functions of the department
- Authorizing the release of cargo
- Coordinating the working program for all vessels represented by the company
- Attending to vessels at Port Castries, Vieux Fort, and Buckeye Terminal when necessary
- Assisting finance department with the preparation of proforma invoices for vessel calls
- Coordinating the provision of supplies to vessels
- Sound Secondary Education with Grade 1 or 2 passes in at least 5 CSEC Subjects including Mathematics and English
- Supervisory skills training and/or associate degree/diploma in Business Management, Operations Management, or related field
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to motivate a team and utilize performance management techniques
- Computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A track record of service excellence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Willingness to undergo training
- Adaptable to changing schedules and working hours including weekends and holidays
Applicant must be a strong team player, well organized with strong time management skills, able to work under pressure and to maintain a high level of accuracy and thoroughness, flexible and reliable.
We offer a comprehensive remuneration package to include competitive salary, benefits package and training and development for your success.
To apply, submit your cover letter, resumé, educational & professional certificates and three (3) references no later than December 01, 2023.
Only suitable applicants will be contacted.