M&C Drugstore is seeking suitable candidates who are professional, focused and motivated to fill the position of Security Officer. If you have a passion for safety and loss prevention, join our dedicated team of service professionals as we aim to delight our customers by providing world-class service and excellence each passing day.
The primary objective of this position is to ensure the security and safety of all customers, employees and company assets within the organization’s facility and premises through the prevention of theft and crimes.
Major Duties will include:
- Plan and employ crime-prevention strategies in accordance with company guidelines
- Monitor sales floors using a range of techniques e.g. floor-walking and observation techniques
- Prevent, detect, stop and apprehend shoplifters
- Develop pro-efficient skills in First Aid, Loss Prevention, Fire Prevention and Professionalism
- Use initiative and make quick reasonable decisions, to deal with unexpected situations in a timely and acceptable manner.
- Prepare incident reports and provide reports to the police and management as required
- Provide security and escort of cashiers to and from point-of-sale stations
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate
- At least three (3) CXC passes at general level inclusive of English Language
- A minimum of least one (1) years of experience in the field of security and loss prevention.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally, and in writing.
- Working knowledge of Computer Applications would be an asset.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent surveillance skills.
We offer a comprehensive remuneration package to include a competitive salary, benefits package, and training and development for your success.
To apply, suitable candidates should upload their cover letter, resumé, educational & professional certificates no later than September 9, 2022.