Acountant Position Summary
The primary purpose of this position is to provide support to the Group Accountant and to provide leadership to the Finance team while ensuring that daily tasks are scheduled appropriately and completed according to financial reporting deadlines. The accountant is also required to perform the functions below:
- Assist with the preparation and development of annual strategic plans, budgets, and estimates.
- Assist with accounting support to Central Services, M&C Shipping and M&C LPG Distribution.
- Assist the Group Accountant in providing an internal audit function.
- Administering the Company’s financial and management accounting systems.
- Provide monthly management accounts and financial support.
- Ensure compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Utilize performance management techniques to develop and document employee competency on an ongoing basis and develop improvement plans when deficiencies are identified.
- Develop new processes and analyses to support the business as needed and implement process improvements.
- ACCA, CGA qualified or and Accounting Degree with at least three (3) years experience in a leadership role.
- Experience in a computerized accounting environment.
- Experience in budgeting, preparation of financial statements, and management accounting.
- Experience utilizing performance management to drive performance to achieve business goals.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral & written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in Saint Lucia.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
Compensation & Benefits
A competitive remuneration and benefits package will be offered commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Applications, together with full career details should be uploaded no later than November 12, 2021